Recognizing Our Members
The first annual Florida LMSC Awards Social was held in Clearwater following the Valentine’s Meet in 2002. Swimmers achievements and service to the LMSC and their clubs are honored.
We are now accepting your nominations for the 2022 Florida LMSC Awards. The 2022 Florida LMSC Awards luncheon will be at the conclusion of the Clearwater Valentine’s Saturday meet on February 11, 2023. More details to follow. The deadline for nominations is December 31, 2022
Award Category, Description, Nomination Forms and Past Recipients
Information about each award, more details about nominations, and past recipients are included on each award page.
Please send Coaches, Leather Lung, and all Service Awards nominations to Cheryl Kupan by December 31.
Please send your Sue Moucha Overcoming Adversity Award nominations to Sue Moucha.
2021 Florida LMSC Awards Social
The Florida LMSC Annual Awards Social was held on February 12, 2022 at the Clearwater Valentine’s Meet.
Congratulations to our FL LMSC Award winners. Awards were given for 2019, 2020, and 2021 due to past COVID issues:
- 2019 Florida LMSC Service Awards: Jack Groselle (Sarasota Sharks) & Nancy Kryka (Sarasota Sharks)
- 2019 Florida LMSC Volunteer Award: John Ware
- 2019 Leather Lung Awards: Daphne Elliott, Postal; Cheryl Kupan: SCY & LCM,
- 2020 Florida LMSC Service Award: Jim Matysek (Sarasota Sharks)
- 2021 Florida LMSC Volunteer Awards: Joann Gauzen and Janet Whitlock
- 2021 Florida LMSC Service Award: Anna Lea Matysek (Sarasota Sharks)
- 2021 Lifetime Achievement Awards: Joan Campbell (FACT), Meegan Wilson (FACT)
- 2021 Leather Lung Awards: Cheryl Kupan, SCY & SCM: Christopher Stickle, LCM, SCM & Postal
Congratulations to Jim and Anna Lea Matysek for receiving the USMS 2022 Captain Ransom J. Arthur, M.D Award! See Anna Lea’s Acceptance Speech
See Previous Award Banquet Programs:
2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
The following awards are no longer presented. Here are the links to the recipients in prior years: